Our standard lead time is 7-10 days after art approval. We need this much time because we schedule our machines a week in advanced. During our peak season of August through December we request a lead time of 10-14 days after art approval.
24 pieces for Screen Printing & 12 pieces for Embroidery. Promotional products differ depending on the specific item.
The following guidelines are meant to guide in the process of creating and submitting your art for screen printing and to make sure that the art will yield the highest quality final result for your garments. These are the file types we accept and additional information about each.
Adobe Illustrator files are accepted in any version. Like Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator files are stored in a vector based file format and produce outstanding results when used for screen printing or embroidery. Adobe Illustrator files can also be resized without losing any resolution and as such a small image can be resized to the proper size for apparel printing without losing any of their detail or crispness. AI files should be saved in 8 bit RGB or using specific Pantone colors from the Pantone Solid Coated Color charts.
Photoshop files are accepted, but there are specific requirements that must be met. Photoshop files must be saved at the actual size to be printed at 300 dpi resolution. Because Photoshop is a raster file image based program any resizing of the image will reduce the resolution of the image and will result in a lower image quality when screen printed or embroidered. Photoshop files CAN produce outstanding results, but the image must be saved as described here in order to do so. Again to reiterate: Photoshop files must be saved at the size to be printed, at 300 dpi or greater resolution, in RGB 8 bit color mode. Any layer information should be left intact upon file submission. It should be noted that resizing a high resolution image so that it will display or print at a larger size will diminish the final print quality as this lowers the output resolution of the image. Also lower resolution images (say 72 dpi –from the internet) that have been upsampled to 300 dpi will simply take a poor quality image and make it a high resolution poor quality image – the original file needs to be high resolution!
BMP and TIFF
Like Photoshop files, BMP and TIFF files save their information as a raster image (meaning they save the pixel information in the file). Accordingly, BMP and TIFF files can be used if they are created with the following parameters: 300 dpi resolution, image size at the final size to be printed, 8 bit RGB color mode. It should be noted that resizing a high resolution image so that it will display or print at a larger size will diminish the final print quality as this lowers the resolution of the image. Also lower resolution images (say 72 dpi) that have been upsampled to 300 dpi will simply take a poor quality image and make it a high resolution poor quality image – the original file needs to be high resolution!
JPEG and GIF
JPEG and GIF file formats are very popular, but these file formats were designed to be displayed on computer monitors. While these formats are used extensively throughout the web (because of their low resolution and small download sizes, they do not produce acceptable results when used as the basis for screen printing or embroidery work.
If the only file that you have is a JPEG or GIF file our art department can work with you to recreate the image in an acceptable file format. Art charges will normally apply depending on the complexity of the design submitted. Please feel free to call or email us for more details.
There are many variables in pricing for screen print. It depends on the number of colors in your design, number of locations on garment, type of garment & the quantity of your order. White garments are less expensive than colored. Quantity is also a big factor in the price, the more you order the more you save. Different brands vary in price.
It depends on the size of your logo (stitch count) & the style of garment you choose. Pricing is not dependant on the number of colors like it is in screen printing.
We do accommodate rush jobs, but because of the rescheduling and extra costs involved we have rush fees according to the lead time you provide us… 4 Day Lead Time – 25% total price increase , 3 Day Lead Time – 50% total price increase, 2 Day Lead Time – 75% total price increase, 24 hr Lead Time – 100% total price increase